Wednesday, November 23, 2005

JFK Assination

Yesterday was the anniversary of the events in Dallas in 1963. On that morning, as I was sitting in my 3rd period class on the second floor of Bellermine-Jefferson High School in Burbank, CA, the announcement was made that President Kennedy had been shot. The entire school was stunned to silence. A short time later it was announced over the PA that Kennedy was dead. There is probably no one of my generation that does not have a vivid memory of where and when they heard the news. My most remembered sight was of a teacher who asked me if I knew how important this day was and how it would be remembered. He was crying and I remember thinking I had never seen a grown man cry before. I never thought then that somehow that day would ever slip my mind until today when I realized I had forgotten that it had happened on the 22nd. I am ashamed to say that I had forgotten.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home